Pneumatic piston actuators
W&T pneumatic piston actuators
Pneumatic piston actuators primarily generate a linear motion. This linear motion operates control valves.
Piston actuators are especially suitable for:
- Use in control systems for power plants, refineries, petrochemical and chemical plants
- They produce considerable actuating forces and short actuation times
- They meet the explosion protection requirements without needing additional modification
- As linear actuators they are directly mounted on control valves.
The main difference between dual-action piston actuators and pneumatic membrane actuators is that the piston slides in a cylinder. The opening or closing movement is generated using compressed air at the control air connections. When the forces acting on the piston are equal, it stops in an intermediate position. The air is released very precisely and in the opposite direction to the pressurise applied by the control device. Pneumatic positioners are used as the control device.
To solve your regulation and control tasks, Welland & Tuxhorn has developed its own concepts, which we use whenever possible.
Advantages of Welland & Tuxhorn pneumatic piston actuators
- High actuation forces
- Large strokes
- Safety positions
- Safety functions can be integrated
- Fast actuation speeds
- Double-action cylinder
- Everything from a single source